SOLVE Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004
Troubleshooting the Error Code 5004 on Amazon Prime Videos:
Who doesn’t love watching web series and movies with an amazing content? And once you start watching, it is very hard to let go until you have completed the whole series. Amazon Prime is one such platform that takes you into an amazing world of entertainment with its unique content, and the best part is this is almost available in all the parts of the world, and people can also relish their eyes in watching the contents from their very own country.
Now, how you will feel if somehow your video stopped and you are shown an error and you are unable to stream your favorite show? It’s really annoying and at the same time, it is very frustrating. In this article, we will discuss about the Amazon Prime Video error code 5004, and how to remove the problem so that you can go with the flow of your favorite content.
What is Amazon Prime Error code 5004:
It is an authentication error that the viewer face while logging in to the Amazon Prime servers from the streaming device and this stops you from viewing your favorite shows.
What can be the possible reasons for the Amazon Prime error code 5004:
Before going into the detailing on how to fix the problem, you need to know that why you are facing such problems. Every problem has its own root, and knowing the root can help you bring out the solutions all by yourself. Let’s look into the causes-
- The internet connection might not be stable.
- Using of a VPN or proxy, can cause such problem.
- A firewall might be present on your computer.
- There might be security software or antivirus in your computer.
- Your account might be expired or you have forgot to recharge.
- There might be cookies that are corrupted.
- There might be bug problem with the Amazon Prime Videos app.
How can we fix the problems:
There are several ways in which the problem can be fixed. As we have learned about the root causes we will be able to correct the situation since it will get quite easy for you to understand. Let us take a look at the remedies.
Check the stability of your internet connection – if anyhow you are facing problems with your internet speed, it is obvious that you won’t be able to watch your favourite shows on amazon prime online. First look into the matter that whether you are having the access to the internet. If you wish, you can also run a speed check to see if your internet is stable or not. the steps needed to be followed-
- Open the settings of your PC or any other device on which you are watching your content.
- Then you need to click on the Section of Connections.
- Then click on the WiFi option and see if your device has access or not.
- If you find that there is no connection, you can try to turn on and off your WiFi, or you can contact your internet provider.
Check your amazon prime account whether it is active or not – the second reason might be that your account is not active, and if it’s not, you might face the problem. So it’s better to check once if the account somehow got inactive. Follow the steps to check-
- Go to the Amazon Prime app and login to your account.
- After logging in you can view whether the account is in active mode.
- If not, then activate your account and enjoy all the shows without any hindrance.
Reinstalling the Amazon Prime app – if you watch all your favourite shows through a device, there can be a chance that you might face this problem. This can be due to the fact that the app is not updated or there is a bug in it. It is better to remove the app and install it again. The steps you need to be follow-
- First delete your Amazon Prime account.
- Then download and again install the app and see whether the problem is solved or not.
Disable any firewall, VPN, Proxy, antivirus and other programs on you PC – these are the few elements that can bring some connectivity issues. Traffic encryption can be caused by the VPN or Proxies. So, it is better to remove or uninstall these for a smooth running of your shows. The steps you can follow are –
- Open your chrome.
- Go to the settings of your chrome.
- Then go to the proxy settings.
- Disable proxy.
Clear all the cookies on your PC – because of the presence of such cookies, your data might get corrupted, and this is the cause of a conflict of the real website data. It would really help with your videos if you get rid of it. The steps that can be followed are –
- Open the chrome on the PC.
- Then go to the History, you can even press Ctrl H.
- Now a new bar opens and you can clear all the cookies.
- Now, after clearing, check if the problem is solved.
What if the problem still exists after you have gone through all the possible means to restore it:
It can happen that you have tried all the possible ways given above but yet you are not getting rid of the error code 5004, and you are still unable to watch your favoutrite shows. This can be overcome if you start downloading your favourite shows on you PC. The videos that you love watching can easily be downloaded a small amount of time. Follow the steps –
- Have a thorough check that your device is connected to the internet.
- Then go to the page, and look for the title that you want to watch.
- Then open the video details, and click on the download option.
- Wait for a few moments for the video to be downloaded.
Above are all the possible causes of the Error Code 5004 and ways and steps to be followed to fix the error you are facing. If you are not satisfied with the steps given in this article or facing the same problem over and over again, you can ask for the help from the Amazon Prime help, and for that you need to log in to your account. You can always make a call on the Amazon’s customer service phone 1-888-280-4331, which is live for 24 hours for 7 days a week.