Troubleshooting the probable problems in Vizio TV:
Well, if you are big fan of watching amazing movies, shows, sports and so much on your Vizio TV which is one of the biggest brands in the U.S., then you won’t probably want your TV to stop working. Moreover, this is the Smart TV that supports all the apps that takes you to another world of entertainment be it Netflix, CBS All Access, and so more, and that too in amazing video quality. So, if you are facing any sort of problem with your Vizio TV that is causing any hindrance to your entertainment, then you can try the given steps to keep a smooth running of your TV.
The following consists of the problems with the probable help that can be used to fix them.
When the TV turns on and then turns off:
You need to follow the steps if this kind of problem happens –
- Take the remote and press the Menu key.
- Then you have to choose the System on the screen.
- Then you have to turn the Power Mode setting to Eco Mode.
The next steps provided if the above does not work –
- Take the remote and press the Menu key.
- Then choose System and then CEC and turn it OFF.
Check the plugging and if you are facing the same problem, then you can opt for Factory Resetting your TV
- For this you have to press the Menu key on the remote.
- Then you have to choose System.
- Then you have to select Reset & Admin and then Reset to Factory Settings.
Now, check if the problem is gone, otherwise you have to contact Vizio TV support for the proper assistance.
Your Vizio TV is turned on but the Screen is Black:
This is a very common problem with many TVs and when you press on the remote, nothing happens. This can be resolved by following the steps –
- First you have to turn off the TV and then you need to unplug the power cord.
- Then you have to wait for a few minutes and then again plug in the cord and then turn it on.
- Through this process, the solution can be fixed.
If your problem is not yet fixed, then these can be the reasons –
- There might be some problem with the power supply inside the TV.
- The backlight converter can be the reason which might be defective.
- If your problem is not solved, the last option left is to take the TV to an authorized repair center, and they can help you with the problem.
Also Read: Activation process for STARZ Online Account
Blinking of the Vizio TV Screen:
This can be due to the signal problem or due to the plugging that can be resolved following the steps –
- You can try inspecting the connections of the Vizio TV.
- If there are any loose plugs, then tighten them or else you can unplug and plug them back again.
If the problem persists, then you can try checking your Advanced Video Settings turning off the following –
- Ambient Lighting
- Backlight Control
- Advanced Adaptive Luma
If still the problem is not gone, then follow the steps –
- First, you have to Power of the TV.
- Then unplug the Cord from the socket.
- Then in that condition, you have to press and hold the power button on the T for 30 seconds and then release the power.
- Now, plug on the cord, and turn on the TV.
Well, try all the above processes, if the problem still persists, then you have to contact Vizio TV Support.
There is a picture on the TV but no sound:
you can try to get back the sound following the steps
- See if the volume of the TV is above zero.
- Check whether the TV is in muted.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the cords, especially the HDMI cables.
- Ensure that there are no damage or cuts on the cables.
There is another solution that you can opt for –
- Take the remote and press the Menu button.
- Then you have to use the arrow keys to highlight the Audio or Audio Settings.
- Now, you have to press OK.
- Take a look at the option of the TV Speaker Setting that needs to be turned ON, if not, then do so.
At the end, if you problem is continued, then meet a professional.
The things need to be done if the menu is not working:
- You have to Power Cycle the TV and try again.
- You can Factory Reset the Vizio TV.
For this you have to use the following buttons
- You have to press and hold the Volume Down and Input buttons on the TV.
- Then wait for a few seconds until you get the massage on the TV screen.
- When you see the message, release the Volume Down button but keep on holding the Input button for about 10 seconds.
- Now, a new message appears that gives you the information that the memory is clear within a short time the reset will happen.
- Now, the TV will boot up and the Welcome screen would appear.
After the process is complete, try accessing the menu.
Now comes the Black Screen of Death:
This is most commonly caused due to the failure of the Power Supply. There are some steps that you can try to troubleshoot the problem –
- You have to check the connections and the power.
- You can try performing a power cycle on your TV.
- You can try shining a bright flashlight on your TV standing at a distance of two inches, if you can see an image, there might be some problem with the inverter that you need to replace.
- You can perform sound test by turning on the volume, and if you do listen, then there is problem with your hardware that need replacing.
For this purpose as said above about replacing, you need to contact a professional.
Smart Cast of Vizio TV is not loading:
then you can try the following the steps –
- First you have to make sure that the TV is connected to the internet.
- Then you have to switch your TV to HDM1 and then wait till you see a message ‘No Signal’, and then you have to press the Menu button and then you have to select the System, then Reset & Admin followed by Soft Power Cycle, and ultimately select Yes.
- This will lead the TV to turn off and then back on.
- Now you will be able to see the Information Bar that will disappear after some time, and you need to wait for that.
- Wait for 30 seconds, and then the TV can be changed from HDMI 1 to SmartCast.
Try the steps, and see if the problem is gone.
Follow the steps if the Vizio TV is not connecting to the Wi-Fi:
- First ensure that you have a stable internet connection which has a good speed.
- Now you have to turn the DHCP settings ON –
- First you have to press the Menu button on the remote.
- Now you have to select the Network.
- Now select the Manual Setup and the DHCP.
- If the DHCP is turned off then you have to press the Arrow button to turn it ON.
- You can Power cycle all the devices that includes router, modem and Vizio TV.
- You can try resetting the Vizio TV to factory settings. Then you have to go through the network connection setup again and then you have to enable WPA-PSK.
If still the problem persists, then you can consider using the wired Ethernet connection.
When you can’t turn on TV using the remote:
- You have to remove the obstacles form the front of the TV.
- Try inserting new batteries.
- Try Power cycling the remote.
- You can opt to buy a new Vizio TV remote.
This article is all about the troubleshooting of the Vizio TV, where the problems that occur in the TV are given and with that the solution. You can try the above steps to see if the problem is gone. If not, then you have to talk to a professional and get their help to fix the problem.