Activation of Metro by T-Mobile device for free through Various Modes:
Metro by T mobile which was formerly called Metro PCS or metro is an American prepaid wireless service mobile provider, and this brand is owned by T-Mobile US.
It was founded in the year 1994 by Roger Linquist and Malcolm Lorang, with its headquarters in Richardson, Texas, United States, and serves in the area of United States.
The plans provided:
- For the plan of $40/month, you will get 10GB of high-Speed Data, unlimited music, and access to T-Mobile’s 5G network.
- For the plan of $50/month, you will unlimited high-speed data, 5GB of hotspot data, and 100GB Google one membership.
- For $60, you will receive unlimited high-speed data with 15 GB of hotspot data, 100GB Google one membership, and an additional Amazon Prime Membership.
Only the $50 and $60 plans will provide you with unlimited access to high-speed data. You can choose any of the three plans while you pay for the bill which will be required for the activation of the device by dialing the number 228 as mentioned below.
If you are accessing more lines, then you can tally with the prepaid plans given in the Plans section under Menu.
There are a total of 4 ways for the activation procedure, you can follow any of the methods for the activation according to your ease:
Activating the device via 1-888-863-8768
- First you need to make a call on the number and the call should be made from the other mobile.
- After your call is received by an agent, you should give all the information like your name, address, etc.
- You need to give your ESN or MEID number which you will find under the phone battery.
- Now, the executive will guide you through the activating program, and you must carefully follow the instructions to complete the procedure.
By dialing the number 228:
- Take the phone that you want to activate and dial the number 228.
- Now you need to provide an eight-digit code of your choice when prompted by the system, which can be anything.
- After you are done, your mobile will be programmed, and your account will be set.
- Your mobile will only be activated after you have paid your first bill.
Activating by visiting the website:
- You have to go to the Metro PCS website or go to the page directly following the link metropcs.com/activate.
- On the page below you need to click on the button Activate My Phone.
- On the next where you are taken, you need to give your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, the type of address that you will achieve from the drop down menu, your street address, city, state/province, ZIP Code, then you have to choose PIN and confirm it, select a security question from the drop down menu and give the security answer.
- After you are done filling in all the credentials, now you have to click on I’m not a robot.
- Then tap on the continue button and follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the activation procedure.
For this you need to have a computer or a mobile and a stable internet connection. This method will help you understand whether your device is ready to be activated or not.
- Visiting the service center – this is last of the 4 ways to activate your phone for free. You need to visit the service center and give all the important credentials to the attendant to help you with the procedure.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. What kind of payments are taken by the online activation tool?
Ans. Only credit and debit cards are accepted during the payment.
- Q. Will I be able to activate more than one line through the Online Activation Tool?
Ans. If you are a new customer, then you will be able to activate more than 5 lines on the Online Activation Tool. The ones who are the existing customers need to the visit the Metro by T-Mobile Store or need to call Customer Care at 1-888-8metro8.
- Q. Do I need to pay any activation fee?
Ans. There is no payment required when you use the online activation tool.
- Q. What if my payment for the activation fails?
Ans. If your activation fails, you will receive a message in which it will be stated the reason of the failure of your payment, and you need to follow any instructions to resolve the issue. If the same thing happens again and there is no such issue with your credit or debit card, then you need to contact Customer Care at 1-888-8metro8.
This article gives you the details of the activation procedure as well as the gist of the plans offered by the Metro by T-Mobile. Yet if you face any problem during the activation procedure, then you need to contact them through the customer care helpline at 1-888-8metro8or you can dial *611 from your Metro by T-Mobile Phone. You can also mail them at
T-Mobile Customer Relations:
P.O. Box 37380, Albuquerque
For the payments you can opt for online auto payment mode by signing to your account, one-time payment by signing to your account, one-time payment without signing to your account, calling on *99 from you Metro by T-Mobile phone or calling at the customer care and even through mail on the address
Metro by T-Mobile
P.O. Box 519, Carol Stream, IL